A Bad Cold
Today I have a bad cold. Having a cold is never pleasant, but for me it is a bad situation because it makes my gastroparesis worse. Over the past three days I have basically lost my ability to eat anything by mouth. I think it is mostly due to the cold making me more nauseated than usual. I started doing jejunal tube feedings again at a slow rate because I worry that I am not getting enough calories with just the TPN. The tube feedings also make me sick, so it is difficult to know what to do, but at least I am getting some nutrition. I am very frustrated with all of this right now. I know that it does me no good to be angry about my situation, but this really is an awful disease to deal with. Imagine having the stomach flu all the time. It just isn't easy to stay positive all the time when I'm literally feeling sick constantly. It has certainly made me appreciate the little things in life. I savor every bite of food that I can keep down and know that each good day is a gift. Hopefully my cold will resolve soon and my tummy will be happier.
Labels: tummy


1 Comments:
Oh no. I hope you are doing better as of the day I am reading this post. Hang in there. Colds are so nasty and I imagine with your situation they can be very frustrating.
Post a Comment
<< Home