Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Holidays



Happy Holidays to everyone. IU is one of the best music schools in the country. We love going to concerts, shows and opera here. Aren't these guys great!?

We are celebrating Christmas with our families, although they are coming to us this year because I am not yet fit for travel. We will also celebrate the New Year with friends and at the Tibetan Cultural Center with the monks and other buddhist friends.

I am doing a bit better on the domperidone and am able to eat small meals. I am still having difficulty using the j-tube for feeding. The TPN gives me about 1100 calories so I try to make up the rest eating by mouth now. It is a shame that I went through the surgeries and everything only to have so much trouble with the feeding tube.

My son is thoroughly enjoying the holiday gifts from our relatives. He has really grown up (2 and a half this month). My parents got him a tool bench that looks like the real craftsman tool bench and comes equiped with every tool you can think of including a handsaw, jigsaw and circular saw (which he was sure to point out "It's a wood saw Mommy")as well as calipers, a level and power drill. We are waiting to see what he will construct.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Marla said...

What a fun gift for your son. I am glad your Christmas went well. I do hope the eating gets easier for you.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Synaptic Jen said...

Thanks for your reply Marla. Yes, he has enjoyed the holidays. It is such a blessing to share in his joys.

I am doing better since starting the domperidone. I can eat now just not enough to maintain my weight. I will be on the TPN for a while. I just try to take one day at a time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home