Thursday, January 03, 2008

A Chocolate Craving

So...recently due possibly to hormonal changes along with a good dose of domperidone, I had a genuine chocolate craving. I am addicted to chocolaty goodness but since the gastroparesis hit I haven't really wanted to eat it. I enjoy smelling it and one of my nurses even found me some chocolate lotion to endulge my addiction by olfactory means when I couldn't take in anything by mouth. So, I was surprised and delighted to actually be hungry for some chocolate. I searched the cabinets and couldn't find any chocolaty morsels....and then I remembered...back in September for my birthday we had a delectable chocolate cake...that I couldn't eat. I was able to manage a small finger scoop of frosting just to tease myself, but the rest was wrapped up and placed in the recesses of the freezer in hopes that I would eventually have better tummy times. SO, here it is January of 2008 and I'm finally pulling my cake from the freezer. I cut a big chunk and endulged myself. Even with the slight bit of freezer burn on the edges it was delightful soothing my craving for the first time in over 3 months. Unfortunately about a half hour later I got sick from it and ran to the bathroom to vent my g-tube (a nice alternative to throwing up). Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable experience.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Marla said...

Ah, chocolate. I love it too. I was not so much into it until I turned 30. Hmmmm....I wonder why that is.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Vynny Baylissa said...

Happy New Year Jen! Wishing you much better health this year and everything else your heart desires. Just popped by to say "hi" - am really happy you're sounding better and posting again. Lotsa love, hugs and light, Vynny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home