Losar

Today is Losar (the Tibetan New Year). We went to the Tibetan Cultural Center for a day of celebration with the monks and Tibetans. In the morning I went to the Kumbum Chamtse Ling Temple to offer khatas (traditional Tibetan white scarves) to Holiness the Dalai Lamas image and Takster Rinpoche (His Holiness' eldest brother) and to our teacher, Geshe Lobtin. The monks chanted prayers for the well being of every sentient being in the upcoming New Year. We also offered prayers, (smoke puja) for deities and threw tsampa (roasted barley flour) concluding with a traditional Tibetan Circle Dance.
I really enjoyed being able to participate in this celebration with the Tibetans. I could feel the joy, compassion and peace emanating from everyone. What a wonderful and beautiful way to celebrate for an auspicious New Year.
I took the above picture of the monks chanting prayers in the Tibetan Cultural Center before the sangha celebrated with lunch, dancing and singing.
Labels: Buddhism, Losar, Tibetan Cultural Center


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home